The only reason this isn't "1.0" is because there are features
I'd still like to add. It works wonderfully. -Ben
- tinbbuddy-0.93.tgz Released 12/18/2013
Performance logging and improvements.
- Logging now indicates the execution of pre/post backup scripts.
- Uses the previous backup log file to estimate disk usage. Dramatic
performance improvement for large scale backups. (Multiple TB of data)
- Documentation improvements, EG: how to set up pre/post backup scripts.
- Fixes issue where backup log grew forever.
- tinbbuddy-0.92.tgz Released 11/05/2012
- Enhanced postbackup support. Now can run any number of scripts either via conf
or placed in a local directory to be executed upon successful completion of a backup.
- tinbbuddy-0.91.tgz Released 10/17/2012
Numerous changes and tweaks added over the past few years.
- Support for ReplaceDir: use a script to get a list of directories to backup
on a remote host.
- Updated to run on PHP5.x
- Postbackup: call an arbitrary script when a backup is complete. For example,
a script to archive backups permanently on a daily/weekly/monthly basis or run data
- Limit disk space usage to a hard limit.
- tinbbuddy-0.86.tgz Released
- Name Change.
- bbuddy-0.85.tgz Released
- Will error instead of expire last remaining account branch when
disk space is low.
- bbuddy-0.84.tgz Released
- Now checks for rsync failure before commiting a backup in progress to the vault.
- bbuddy-0.83.tgz Released
- Added support for backup groups - arbitrary grouping of accounts.
- Altered process self check to allow multiple instances of program to
run at the same time - with different account/group name calls.
- bbuddy-0.82.tgz Released
- Added support for conf value "admin" - notifies admin when any errors are logged.
At some point, I'd like to extend this so that admin can be defined on a "host by
host" method rather than just for everybody.
- bbuddy-0.81.tgz Released
- Revised handling of back versions to fix incrementing problem.
- Improved calculating free space.
- Added "margin" - determine relative to size of a host system how much disk space
to guarantee "free". Greatly improves disk volume utilization.
- bbuddy-0.80.tgz Released
- Added bwlimit to prevent connection saturation.
- Added diskspace: option so that you can limit how much
diskspace a particular backup account takes, regardless
of how many backup branches you wish to keep.
- Numerous little bugs fixed.
- bbuddy-0.70.tgz Released: 7/05/2004
- Updated BackupAccount() to allow for any port configuration.
- Removed spurious echo statements originally used for
- Now can backup parts of the local filesystem by leaving
in the config file. (useful when backing up windows
directories mounted locally via SAMBA)
- Creates new file "_BBACKUP_ERRORS" in the directory backed
up so that you can see any rsync errors
- bbuddy-0.61.tgz Released: 3/30/2004
- Added support for the "port" option for clients using a
"weird" port (other than port 22)
- Removed trace messages
- bbuddy-0.60.tgz Released: 3/25/2004
- bbuddy-0.30.tgz Released: 3/24/2004